Brick fencing Melbourne
Brick fencing Melbourne


SS Bricklaying Melbourne specialise in residential brick fences of all types, styles, heights and lengths. If you know what you want already, we can work off your designs, or provide a free quote along with suggestions on what will work best with your property. We can provide all materials, labour and site clean up, or alternatively use materials you have already purchased.

Having undertaken more than 100 front brick fence related projects across Greater Melbourne, we will use any brick and mortar colour and type that will match your house if you so wish or we can design you something completely different from your property. We can also construct letterboxes and a variety of other front fence related brick amenities.

If your current fence remains and you are looking to replace it, we can organise the destruction and clean up of it and even undertake restorative work if there are sections of the fence that can be saved or improved. We build fences and perimeter fences / walls with the role of the structure in mind.

No project is too big or small, and we are even happy to complete any project that has been abandoned for whatever reason.

SS Bricklaying Melbourne has proven results for setting exceptional standards in cost control, planning and scheduling amongst delivering successful results. We have experience that gives us a competitive advantage over our competition.


  • Front and perimeter fences
  • Party walls
  • Boundary wall


  • Secure your property and define its borders
  • Keep animals safely outside on your property


  • Will I need a permit to build a fence?

    In some cases a permit is required due to either the height or style of the fence or position of your house. SS Bricklaying Melbourne will be able to assist with any required permit.

  • Neighbouring / joining fences - who pays?

    If you are a property owner, the Victoria fencing act contains the rules about who pays for a dividing fence.

    You will need to notify your neighbours of the fence replacement or repair of your fence. We recommend you be proactive and speak with your neighbour(s) where applicable first to ascertain what type of fence you want and or if they are in agreement regarding the fence being replaced.

    Can my neighbour and I make our own agreement about constructing a dividing fence?
    Yes, you can, and it’s a good idea for you to do that. Any agreement you make with your neighbour about your dividing fence overrides the provisions of the Dividing Fences Act. You should get this agreement in writing and both sign it.

  • I don't like the existing fence and want to erect a new fence. Who pays for this?

    If the existing fence is sufficient, then you bear the whole cost of putting up a new fence. (A “sufficient fence” is one that meets the minimum standards for a sufficient fence set out by an area’s local government by-laws.) SS Bricklaying Melbourne can help determine if the existing fence is sufficient or not.

  • I don’t know my neighbour’s name. How can I find this out?

    Before you can make a neighbour dispute appointment with CAB, we’ll need to know your neighbour’s full name. If you don’t know their name, there are a few ways you can find it:

    • if the property is rented or leased, ask the tenant, real estate agent, or property manager
    • do a land title search through Landgate (note that this incurs a fee) or
    • contact your local council or shire – subject to you proving ownership of your property, they may provide you with your neighbour’s name

    *source Citizens Advice Bureau


Is there clear car access at the location?